This Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is sweet enough for dessert and hearty enough for breakfast. Made in just one bowl, this easy to make chocolate loaf is chock full of good for you zucchini.
- 1 1/4 cups zucchini, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup plus 1 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 high quality chocolate (chopped) or chocolate chips (I used a combination of both)
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 ounces heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Shred zucchini finely. Squeeze excess water out using a strainer and pressing down with your hand to remove moisture. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla until combined.
- Sift in flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Add zucchini and chopped chocolate and stir gently to combine.
- Do not over mix.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool completely on baking rack.
- To make glaze, heat whipping cream over medium heat until simmmering, not boiling.
- Add chocolate chips to a shallow bowl and pour hot cream over the chocolate chips.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir to combine and let sit for 20-30 minutes to set.
- Remove cake from pan and drizzle with cooled chocolate ganache.
Store cake tightly covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.