Sugared cranberries and rosemary sprigs are a simple and festive garnish for all of your holiday cakes, cupcakes, tarts and cocktails. Made with just two ingredients in just ten minutes, they are almost too pretty to eat!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup granulated, cane or sparkling sugar for coating
- Place 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan.
- Stir together while heating over medium-high heat.
- Continue to stir occasionally until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup cranberries.
- Allow berries to sit for 4-5 minutes in the sugar water mixture.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove cranberries from saucepan and place on a baking rack or parchment paper for 10 minutes.
- Repeat with the other 1/2 cup of cranberries, followed by the rosemary sprigs.
- Next, place 1 heaping cup of granulated sugar, organic cane sugar, or sparkling sugar in a small bowl.
- Add a few cranberries at a time and use fingers or small spoon to gently roll in the sugar to coat completely on all sides.
- Remove and place on a clean baking rack to dry.
- Repeat with remaining cranberries and rosemary sprigs.
- For best results, leave to dry at room temperature for one hour.
- Decorate cakes, cupcakes, tarts and more with the sugared cranberries and rosemary.
- Or, prepare ahead of time and place in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
For best results, use sugared cranberries and rosemary within two days.
Do not freeze.