It doesn’t get any better than these ooey, gooey, ultra chewy s’mores chocolate chip cookies loaded with crunchy graham crackers and pools of marshmallow fluff. Say hello to your new favorite cookie!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, plus one egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 1/4 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (only if unsalted butter is used)
- heaping 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- heaping 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- about 10 full size marshmallows
- *Note: this recipe requires that the dough be chilled before baking. Allow time for refrigeration.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and egg yolk, mixing on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, and baking soda until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture in three batches, mixing on low speed until just barely incorporated. A few streaks of flour should remain.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir in the chocolate chips. Do not over mix.
- Use a 2 TBSP cookie scoop to scoop rounds of cookie dough from the bowl. Weigh each cookie to be 1.5 ounces if large cookies are desired.
- Separate the cookie dough in half though the middle and place one half a marshmallow in the center between the two pieces. Use your hands to press the cookie dough around the marshmallow, fully surrounding it. Add more chocolate chips to the top of each ball if desired.
- Place the cookie dough ball on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookie dough and marshmallows.
- Cover the top of the baking tray with plastic wrap and chill for 3 hours or overnight for best results.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cookie dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet at least two inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slighty golden brown but the centers are not completely set.
- Do not over bake. The cookies will continue to bake once removed from the oven.
- Keep the chilled cookie dough balls in the fridge while waiting to bake off each tray.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Cookies and cookie dough may be frozen tightly wrapped for up to three months.
Store baked cookies tightly wrapped at room temperature for up to 5 days.