These super easy, one bowl, soft and chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies are out of this world delicious. Made in just twenty minutes with zero chill time, this simple recipe delivers the ooey, gooey, chocolatey cookie of your dreams.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bread flour (can sub all purpose if you don’t have bread flour)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 TBSP light brown sugar, packed (can sub coconut sugar if preferred)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (I use a refined coconut oil for a neutral scent and flavor)
- 5 1/2 TBSP almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (I use a combination of the two)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the brown sugar, melted coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir together until well combined. If dough seems too dry to scoop, add a tablespoon at a time of additional almond milk until the dough comes together. The dough should not be too wet but still hold together.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until incorporated.
- Do not over mix.
- Scoop cookie dough with a two tablespoon scoop and place on prepared cookie sheets two inches apart. Top each cookie with a few extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until edges are golden brown but cookie is still slightly under baked in the center. The cookie will continue to bake on the pan once removed from the oven.
- Remove the pan from the oven and firmly bang it down on the counter two times. This flattens the cookies a bit and creates those pools of melted chocolate.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet before using a spatula to transfer to a cooling rack.
Cookies may be frozen tightly wrapped for up to three months.