These no chill chocolate chip cookies are perfectly chewy with crispy, golden brown edges and soft, gooey centers filled with pools of melted chocolate. If you love a giant, extra chewy cookie like the ones you see at your local bakery, then these are the cookies for you!
- 1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 1/3 cups (295 g) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (175 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup (135 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups (440 g) semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (or a combination of the the two), plus more for the tops of cookies
- flakey sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the butter on the stovetop over low heat or microwave. Pour into a medium mixing bowl and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Once the butter is no longer hot to the touch, add the sugars. Whisk to combine for 1-2 minutes
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients in two additions, using a large spatula to stir. Only mix until a few streaks of flour remain. Do not over mix.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a large 2 ounce cookie scoop, or 1/4 cup measuring cup, to scoop mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are just set and tops of the cookies are puffed up and slightly under baked. The cookies will continue to bake as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the tops with flakey sea salt if desired. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Best served warm.
Cookie dough may be made in advance. Scoop the cookie dough into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Chill for one hour until firm. Wrap the cookie dough balls in two layers of plastic wrap. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
If baking dough that has been chilled or frozen, add 1 to 2 minutes to the baking time.
Keywords: no chill chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies, easy chocolate chip cookies