The richest, fudgiest, most delicious brownies ever! Easy to make and bursting with chocolate flavor, these M&M’s brownies are a festive holiday treat!
- 1 1/4 cups (285 g) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (100 g) Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups (95 g) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2/3 cup M&M chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom of a 8 x 8 baking pan with non-stick baking spray and line with parchment paper. Allow the sides of the parchment to hang over the sides of the pan by an inch or two for easy removal of the brownies once baked.
- Melt the butter, chocolate and sugars in a heat safe bowl over a double boiler. To create a double boiler, fill a medium sauce pan with 2 inches of water and place over medium low heat. Place the heat safe bowl over the pan, being careful not to let the bowl touch the water below. Stirring frequently, heat the ingredients until melted. The mixture will be grainy but glossy. Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs, one a time, whisking well between each addition. Continue to whisk until the mixture lightens in color and is smooth and shiny.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt and vanilla. Stir to combine well.
- Add in the flour, folding into the mixture with a large spatula until just a few streaks of flour remain. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and level the top with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle the M&M’s over the top of the brownies.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the edges are set and a toothpick inserted two inches from the side of the pan comes out with just a few crumbs remaining. Do not over bake or the brownies will be cake-like and dry instead of fudgy.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool. Cool completely before slicing into squares.
Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place.
May be frozen for up to 2 months.
Keywords: M&M brownies, M&M's brownies, fudge brownies