Rich and fudgy gluten free peppermint mocha brownies are a delicious and festive treat for the holidays.
- 2 boxes Simple Mills Almond Flour Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) melted butter, cooled slightly
- 6 TBSP water
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1–2 tsp peppermint extract (to taste)
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1/2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped white chocolate
- 4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with parchment paper. Spray the bottom and sides of the pan to help the paper stick to the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and water.
- Whisk in the eggs, espresso powder and peppermint extract until combined well.
- Add the brownie mix and chocolate chips and stir together with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Spread batter in the prepared pan and use and offset spatula to level the top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out almost clean with a few crumbs or bits of chocolate remaining. Do not over bake.
- Remove the pan from oven and cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the top of the cooled brownies with the chocolate and then sprinkle with chopped white chocolate and crushed candy canes.
- Cut with a sharp serrated knife.