Enjoy all the best flavors of coffee cake in muffin form. A soft and tender muffin topped with a crunchy, buttery streusel and sweet vanilla glaze. Perfect for a lazy Sunday brunch or a weekday breakfast on the go.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup full fat greek yogurt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
For Streusel Topping
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted so there are no lumps
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2–3 TBSP whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together milk, oil, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the milk and egg mixture and combine.
- Add the greek yogurt and mix until incorporated.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until a few streaks of flour remain.
- Remove the bowl from mixer and run a large spatula around the batter to combine fully. Do not over mix.
- For best results, allow batter to sit covered at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Scoop batter evenly in to the muffin liners.
- Top generously with streusel topping, pressing very gently to the tops of batter.
- Bake muffins 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before adding glaze.
For Streusel Topping
- In a medium bowl, combined flour, sugars and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Add cubed butter and use a pastry cutter or two knives to cut the butter in until mixture resembles course sand.
- Combine confectioner’s sugar, vanilla and milk in a small bowl and whisk well until combined. Add more milk for a thinner consistency, more confectioner’s sugar for a thicker consistency. Drizzle over tops of cooled muffins.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 5 days.