A perfectly spiced gingerbread bundt cake drizzled with maple bourbon glaze. A deliciously simple and festive cake that belongs at the tippy top of your holiday baking list!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 TBSP ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup dark unsulphered molasses
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 – 1 TBSP bourbon (optional)
- 3–4 TBSP whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice and salt. Whisk to combine well. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on low speed, mix together eggs, brown sugar, molasses and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture in three phases, alternating with the buttermilk and sour cream. Mix on low speed to combine.
- Do not over mix.
- Once batter is ready, generously grease the bottom and sides of a 10 cup bundt pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan and level with an offset spatula if needed.
- Tap the pan firmly on the countertop three times to release air bubbles.
- Bake on center rack of oven at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with few crumbs remaining.
- Remove cake from oven and cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before releasing the cake.
- To release the cake, invert the pan onto a cake plate or platter and gently tap on the bottom of the pan.
- Cool completely before adding the glaze.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add more milk if glaze is too thick, Add more sugar if too thin.