A creamy homemade fudgsicle coated in a rich chocolate shell coating makes these a classic summertime favorite. This delicious and refreshing frozen treat is the perfect way to beat the heat all summer long.
- 7 ounces whole milk
- 7 ounces heavy cream
- 3 TBSP cocoa powder
- 3 TBSP sugar (add an extra TBSP if you prefer a sweeter popsicle)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
For Chocolate Coating
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 TBSP coconut oil, solid when measured
- In a blender or large bowl, blend or whisk all ingredients until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly between 6 popsicle molds and freeze four hours or overnight.
- Once fudgsicles are solid, carefully remove from molds.
For Chocolate Coating – – Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each interval until melted.
- Let sit 20 minutes at room temperature.
- To assemble, pour or drizzle coating over frozen fudgsicles.
- Re-freeze if necessary.
- Store remaining chocolate shell in sealed container at room temperature.
Chocolate coating recipe adapted from The Brown Eyed Baker.