Step aside, dry cakey pumpkin cookies. These soft and chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are packed with cozy spices and heaps of melted chocolate chips. They’re bound to be your favorite Fall cookie!
- 1/2 cup butter (113 g) browned and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup (100 g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, blotted to remove moisture
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled (188 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch of clove
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle of the oven and preheat on convection to 350˚ F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Once melted, continue to stir as the butter begins to crackle and foam. After about 5 minutes, milk solids will begin to form on the bottom of the pan. Continue stirring occasionally and keep a close eye on the pan. The butter will begin to turn an amber brown and will become aromatic. Remove the pan from the heat and carefully pour the butter into a large heat-safe bowl. Use a spatula to scrape down the bottom of the pan to get all the brown butter bits. Set the butter aside to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- To the butter, add both sugars, egg white, vanilla and pumpkin puree. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the dough into 2 ounce portions and place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until the edges are set and golden brown but the center is still slightly underbaked. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven let cool for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store cookies tightly covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
May be frozen for up to 2 months. Wrap tightly in two layers of plastic wrap and store in a freezer bag.
Keywords: chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, soft and chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies