These brownie crinkle cookies are everything you love about your favorite brownies, but in cookie form. Rich, fudgy centers, chewy edges and shiny, crackled tops. They’re simply irresistible!
- 1 cup (190 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (113 g) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Cocoa Classics® Chocolate Supreme Cocoa Mix
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon (100 g) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Create a double boiler by filling a medium pot with 2 inches of water. Bring to a simmer. Place the chocolate chips and butter in a heat safe bowl and place the bowl over the simmering water. Be careful that the bowl is not touching the water below. Stirring often, melt the chocolate and butter until smooth and shiny. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- Immediately sift the Land O Lakes® Cocoa Classics® Chocolate Supreme Cocoa Mix and the Dutch-process cocoa powder into the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Use a large spatula to mix. Once combined, set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer (or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment) on medium-high to beat the sugars, eggs and vanilla. Beat the mixture for a full 4 to 5 minutes until creamy and pale. This is what gives the cookies their brownie-like crackled tops.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the melted chocolate and butter and use a large spatula to combine well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg and chocolate mixture. Use a large spatula to fold the ingredients together just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the batter onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. The batter will be smooth and wet like brownie batter.
- For best results, bake both trays of cookies at the same time using two racks in the oven. Bake the cookies for 9 to 10 minutes or until the edges are just set and the tops are puffy and cracked. Do not over bake.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheets for about 10 minutes. The cookies will deflate as they cool leaving you with crackled, shiny tops and chewy, fudgy centers.
- Sprinkle with flakey sea salt before serving if desired.
Store tightly covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
May be frozen.